- materials: Aluminum, LED, Nylon, PMMA
- variations: horizontal & vertical sizes
- year: VAPOUR light October 2016 – LENS light April 2018
A series of lighting elements as waving luminous vapour, which can vary in shape, colour and intensity.
The irregular shape found its origin by our fascination for movement of structures in nature and the contrast between straight and organic shapes. The way a flower blooms, how beautifully vapour grows up in the air or the hypnotising effect of rolling water.
These movements we translated into a series of light objects, that can take a surprising appearance. Gracefully, it may take different forms and curves by pulling or twisting the flexible outer shell. By doing this, you can manipulate the shape yourself.
The subtle emission of light appears on the pattern of the luminous bar. The flexible outer shell absorbs the light and glows out on its surrounding as a decorative lighting solution.
The initial series consists out of two colours, two sizes both in a horizontal and vertical version. The transparent shell has a soft feeling like a vapour, were the black version has a more graphical identity.
LED light is implemented in an in house developed light fixture. It is possible to change the intensity of light with the use of a dimmer.
- sizes horizontal: 100 – 120 cm
- sizes vertical: 80 – 100 – 120 cm
- floor lamp: 150 cm
- The colour temperature 2700k
- colours shell: black, transparent/white and blue (NEW)
- colour light fixture: alu silver, champagne and black
- NEW: LENS light version, floor lamp & black wall mounting kit
Milan design week 2017- ENLIGHTEN
Dutch design week 2017 – THE YOUNG COLLECTORS
Photos: Studio Thier&vanDaalen & Noortje Knulst